Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Piloto 151 community! We are Puerto Rico’s first co-working space, with locations in the heart of Old San Juan, Santurce Suites, Milla De Oro, Santurce San Jose and more soon to come. We cater to entrepreneurs, startups, free-lancers, professionals and mobile workers looking for a professional working environment that is conducive to creativity, increased productivity and innovation. Our mission is simple: to provide our members and guests with a unique opportunity to work, collaborate and grow.
Piloto 151 offers memberships ranging from Virtual Offices and open space workstations to dedicated desks and private offices.
All Membership Perks
- Exclusive mailing address
- Mail Management and Handling*
- Dedicated internet access by Gigabit1 powered by AeroNet and WIFI
- Use of Lounge and Shared Office Space
- Access to our Copy Center*
- Complimentary Conference Room hours with a member discount on additional hours*
- Free access to Piloto 151 member & open community events
- Exclusive access to our Digital Member's Area
- Membership to our Benefits Program
- Emergency Utility Backups at all locations
- Additional charges may apply.
All membership payments are due on the first (1st) of the month to Piloto 151.
Piloto 151 reserves the right to charge late fees and/or withhold services if payments are not received on time. There is a 10% Late Fee for all payments and invoices not paid by the third of the month. Membership shall be automatically cancelled if payment is not received for two (2) consecutive months when due. Piloto 151 reserves the right that all prices are subject to change without notice.
Members may pay via Cash, Check or Credit Card.
By submitting your first payment via credit card or other payment mechanism, you authorize Piloto 151 to charge your credit card on a recurring monthly basis for the membership that you sign up for, including recurrent monthly additional services. In order to cancel recurring payments you must send written notice at least 20 days prior to the first (1st) of the month for Virtual and Café Memberships and at least one (1) calendar month prior to the first (1st) of the month for Estación, Estudio and Suite Memberships. Changes to memberships go into effect on the first (1st) of the following month. To cancel for December 1st effective date, two (2) months written notice are required.
Once membership is cancelled, all relevant agencies will be notified and mail will be returned to sender. Downgrading Plans
Members may downgrade from Estudio and/or Estación plans to any other plan with one (1) calendar month prior written notice to Piloto 151 staff.
Members may downgrade Café plans to any other plan effective immediately upon written notice to Piloto 151 staff.
Below are the included conference room hours per month. Any hours that exceed the amount below will be additionally charged with a 40% discount. Conference Room hours will not rollover. Please note that if you do not have a Global Pass in your membership, conference room hours at locations other than your home space will be charged at full price.
Virtual membership: 1 hour / month
Café membership: 1 hour / month
Estación membership: 2 hours / month
Estudio membership: 4 hours / month
Suite membership: 6 hours / month
Use of Services
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
- As a condition of use Piloto151’s services (“Services”), you will not use the Services in a manner that is disruptive or offensive to others, or for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden any of Piloto151’s servers or workspaces, or the network(s) connected to any Piloto151’s servers, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems connected to any Piloto151 server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining, or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all the requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms of these conditions of this Agreement and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in breach of any license, contract, agreement, or other legal obligation with which you are a party.
You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Piloto 151 or any participant, member or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of Piloto 151 or its members, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Piloto 151 or its members or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or have reason to know should be treated as confidential.
Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to
(i) maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
(ii) not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
(iii) not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Piloto 151 or any participant, member of user of the Services.
- All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Piloto 151 or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Piloto 151 or the respective disclosing party, or any participant, member or user of the Services.
Use of Services
- You agree that when participating or using the Services, you will not:
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messaging (commercial or otherwise)
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Restrict or inhibit any other use from using and enjoying the Services.
- Allow entry of unauthorized non-members to use Services.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Piloto151’s Services
- Upload, email, or otherwise make available files that contain images, photographs, software, or other materials prohibited by United States or Puerto Rico law, including but not limited to intellectual property, trademark, and copyright law.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party
- Disseminate, distribute, email in any manner files that may damage the operation of another’s computer, property, or rights thereof.
- Collect any information about other members or their respective clients without their respective written consent
- Be under the influence of any drug unless prescribed by a licensed physician;
- Not place any logos, stickers or signs without prior Piloto 151 approval; or
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations. This shall include but is not limited to local and federal applicable labor and employment laws and regulations.
Participation or Use of Services
Piloto 151 is a flexible space designed with mobility and multiple uses in mind. To such extent, most of the furniture is movable on purpose to accommodate events, workshops, and gatherings. You agree that your desk, chair and file cabinet, if any, may be moved from time to time after normal business hours to make space for community events.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Piloto151 does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information or personal belongings or equipment resulting from such participation or use of the Services or of the Piloto 151 premises. Piloto 151 is also not responsible for permitting or the actions of governmental agencies in granting permits or licenses to operate your business.
Mail Management and Copy Center
Piloto 151 prides itself in providing a first-class mail management system for its members. You are encouraged to register with and use the mailbox app upon signup. In order to effectively handle mail for our members, please be advised that upon termination of your membership all mail received will be “returned to sender”. We will accommodate freight forwarding services only for expiration or cancellation of memberships (not terminated memberships) and up for a period under applicable federal law thereafter at the expense of the member. *Please note that additional charge apply for scanning and mail forwarding handling services.
- Scanning Mail: $1.00 per piece of correspondence up to ten pages. Additional pages are an additional $1.00 per 10 pages.
- Mail Forwarding: Price is determined depending on service selected. If no service is requested, we will use USPS Flat Rate shipping. Please be advised that mail forwarding requests go out on Friday each week unless specified otherwise. Members with auto-forward have packages automatically ship on Fridays on a weekly or monthly basis.
Please note the following pricing for our copy center:
- Black and White Copies: $0.10
- Color Copies: $0.20
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Piloto151 provides the services “AS IS” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, disruption of internet services, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you the member.
Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Piloto 151, its officers, agents, members or anyone else involved in offering the Services shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from defects, delays in operating, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communication, theft, destruction, interruption of service, or unauthorized access to the Piloto 151 premises.
You agree that Piloto 151 is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal belongings or equipment. You must look after your own belongings as you would in any public space.
You agree that Piloto 151 has the right to change lock and access codes in the event membership fees are not paid in full when due. If payment is not received one month, Piloto will discuss the situation with the member to receive payment owed. Failure of payment by the second month will result in automatic cancellation of membership. In such event, Estudio and Estación Membership belongings must be cleared out immediately upon notification. You hereby agree that any and all belongings left will be promptly disposed of. Upon cancellation, all relevant agencies will be notified and mail will be returned to sender.
You acknowledge that Piloto 151 receives mail on behalf of many clients, and that the ownership of some correspondence is difficult to ascertain due to incorrect contact information, errors, mistakes or otherwise. As such, you acknowledge and agree that any mail received by Piloto 151 that is not clearly identified as your mail in our records will be returned to sender by Piloto 151 staff. You hereby fully indemnify Piloto 151 from any and all liability in connection with the foregoing paragraph.
Your member profile in our Member Area will be automatically made public unless you opt out with written notice to email@example.com. The subject should say ‘Opt out of member profile’.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, each member hereby holds harmless, waives, indemnifies, releases and discharges Piloto 151, such that in no event shall Piloto 151 or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever, (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits; loss of confidential or other information; business interruption; lockouts, whether unintentional or intentional for lack of payment hereunder; personal injury; death of any person; property damage; property loss or theft; loss of privacy; failure to meet any duty, including of good faith or of reasonable care; negligence; claims by member’s employees, agents or contractors, including but not limited to any and all labor and employment law claims or disputes; damages, suits, judgments, costs and expenses; and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the Services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, the negligence of, or harm caused by other members and/or members’ agents, employees or contractors, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Piloto 151, and even if Piloto 151 has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Each member hereby acknowledges, accepts and agrees that its employees or contractors are not Piloto 151’s employees or contractors. Each member will be responsible for the conduct and behavior of their agents, employees or contractors, and for any and all claims by their agents, employees or contractors, including but not limited to labor and employment law claims or disputes.
Each member hereby agrees to fully indemnify Piloto 151 from any and all liability in connection with the foregoing paragraphs, including but not limited to any liability arising from or in connection with a claim by member’s agents, employees or contractors. Under no circumstances shall Piloto 151 shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from any and all such claims.
Piloto151 reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Piloto151 further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without prior notice, if you (i) fail to comply with the TOU outlined herein, (ii) fail to comply with local and federal laws, (iii) commit fraud or conduct immoral business practices in the sole discretion of Piloto 151, or (iv) are convicted of a crime pursuant to applicable law. In the case of premature termination of month or day pass memberships, no refund shall be tendered.
Upon termination from your Piloto151 membership, Piloto 151 shall not be liable for delivering or re-directing your mail. You must contact the local post office to redirect mail. Any received mail will be automatically returned to sender.
Upon termination of your Piloto151 membership, Piloto 151 shall not be responsible or liable for changing your address on any and all official company documents, licenses and/or permits that have our address. Should you cancel your membership, you must contact all relevant parties and governmental agencies to change your address.
In the event of termination of your membership for failure to pay membership dues, late charges will accrue monthly until the total amount due is paid in full.
- Piloto151 will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance for its own property but not property belonging to members. As a member, you are advised to carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment and personal belongings while using our space. Piloto 151 is not responsible for the loss or theft of your personal or business belongings in the Piloto 151 premises.
Changes in TOU
- The TOU and any supplemental information, such as rules and guidelines incorporated therein may be amended by Piloto from time to time commencing on the first business day of any given month. Members are encouraged to request the current TOU, as the same may be amended, from time to time in order to be fully aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- At Piloto 151 we seek to provide a safe, enjoyable and respectful environment for the benefit of our entire community. To that end, we ask that all members follow our community guidelines listed below.
Be respectful of others: At Piloto 151, we are all about building a respectful, safe and enjoyable environment for all of our members. As such, all members are expected to treat others with respect and must at all times refrain from using hate speech, physical or verbal violence, or any other conduct that may be construed as derogatory or detrimental to others in the community.
Help keep Piloto headquarters looking good: We want all of our members to feel proud to co-work at Piloto 151. We kindly request that you care for the co-working premises and equipment and that you clean up after yourself when making use of our designated common areas including dining areas, conference rooms, phone booths, event spaces, terraces and indoor and outdoor lounges.
Be considerate towards your fellow co-workers: Please lower your cell phone ringer and avoid loud conversation in all co-working areas. Cell phone calls may be taken in the kitchen or any of the outdoor patios.
Always act ethically & lawfully: Piloto 151 seeks to create a transparent and ethically responsible community where all members feel comfortable sharing and interacting with each other. Avoid all situations and behavior, including solicitation of others’ clients, which may be construed as unethical. Refrain from all inappropriate or unlawful use of: images, content, media, posts, blogs, files, software downloads, internet activities and intellectual property.
Care for your personal belongings: All members are responsible for the safety of their own belongings. Please avoid leaving any personal items, including computers, unattended.
After hour access: Any member with after hour access will follow an honor code, making sure they shut any and all lights and A/C units they turned on before leaving, if applicable to your home space. Members shall not bring or allow any other person(s) not in their registered team, for Estudios, and individual for Estaciones, into the space without staff on the premise or written permission from Piloto staff. Piloto 151 reserves the right to revoke after access at any time without notice.
Credit Card Authorization
Governing Law; General Provisions
This TOU shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, without regard to conflict of law principles. The parties hereto hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tribunal de Primera Instancia, San Juan Part, for all purposes in connection with any legal proceeding between them relating to or arising out of this agreement.
If one or more of the provisions in this agreement are deemed void by law, then the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect and, if legally permitted, such offending provision or provisions shall be replaced with an enforceable provision or enforceable provisions that as nearly as possible effects the parties’ intent. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the parties hereby expressly state their intent that, to the extent any provision of this agreement is unenforceable due to the scope (temporal, geographic or otherwise) being too broad, the person or entity properly adjudicating any dispute with respect thereto shall modify such provision to the minimum extent necessary to cause such provision to be enforceable.
Waiver of any term or provision of this agreement or forbearance to enforce any term or provision by either party shall not constitute a waiver as to any subsequent breach of the same term or provision or a waiver of any other term or provision of this agreement.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this TOU and further agree to be bound to the TOU regarding my participation in and use of the Services.
Admito y reconozco que entiendo el idioma inglés, que he leído todos los términos bajo este acuerdo y que estoy de acuerdo y cumpliré con todos los términos de este contrato.